Y.O.L.O on Callum crossing: work starts… Y.O.L.O on Callum crossing: work starts… Y.O.L.O on Callum crossing: work starts… anonymous on Callum crossing: work starts… Anonymous on Castle Vale School: changes on… Anonymous on Castle Vale School: changes on… Anonymous on College Principal to carry tor… Anonymous on Castle Vale School: changes on… Anonanon on Castle Vale School: changes on… Nemesis on Castle Vale School: changes on…
- Hardest pubs in Birmingham
- National bravery award for tackling Vale axeman
- Birth and death rates - national statistics
- Facelift for Vale swimming baths
- Armed police raid Vale home
- Nine-and-a-half years for Birmingham drug dealer
- Castle Vale 'Travellers' case still not decided, says City Council
- Jack Dromey rapped by Parliamentary Standards Committee
- Asda Minworth May Bank Holiday 2012 opening times
- Water Orton rail metal thefts: police seek 'boy racer' car
- Vale Mail is a trading name of Headline Media (Birmingham) Ltd., (reg charity no.1126608) a company limited by guarantee, reg no. 3750566. Address: Lower Ground Floor, Topcliffe House, Hawkinge Drive, Birmingham, B35 6BT. Tel: 0121 749 1343.
Castle Vale School: Charlotte Blencowe named as new headteacher
The new headteacher of Castle Vale School is to be Charlotte Blencowe. She is a former Conservative Party candidate for Rotherham Council in Yorkshire. She tried to launch a free school in Rotherham in 2010, but despite initial approval from Education Secretary Michael Gove, it failed to get off the ground. She had enlisted her partner’s father, Barry Elliot, better known as one of the Chuckle Brothers, to be its patron. She had hoped to become its principal, but an inquiry revealed that the controversial plans lacked any firm basis.
More recently, she has been Acting Principal of Academy 360, a school in Sunderland. Ofsted Inspectors had previously given Academy 360 a ‘notice to improve’ last April, but following a visit last December, they commented on the progress that the school had made under the new leadership. “Poor behaviour is more swiftly dealt with because new management procedures are more consistently applied,” said the Ofsted Inspector.
AET (Academies Enterprise Trust) have indicated that her appointment at Castle Vale School is permanent. It is not yet clear how many governors were consulted in the appointment process.
Charlotte Blencowe is due to meet Castle Vale School’s staff next week.